Proof and Explanations of Christian Beliefs
Is Jesus Real?
Below is a summarization, I recommend clicking here for a more in-depth version.
- Scholars nonchristian and Christian, believe there was a historical Jesus who lived in first century Israel. If you don't believe in Jesus as a historical figure then you can't believe in any historical figure in history.
- Many religions including Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Gnosticism, and Mormonism accept Jesus as a teacher, a prophet, or a godly man.
Is GOD Real?
Science proves Gods existence. Below is a summarization, click here for a more in-depth answer.
- The Law of Cause and Effect: Everything has a cause and an effect. To start everything wasn't just here, there was a cause. If science says there was a big bang then what caused it. This can keep going until you realize there had to be a creator.
- The Law of Probability: The probability of an event happening. 1,093 prophecies are referred to and fulfilled about Jesus Christ and his church. Try and do that math. See it here.
We know by creation, his word, and Jesus Christ. Below is a summarization, click here for a more in-depth answer.
- Romans 1:20: For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
- Psalm 19:1: The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament sheweth his handywork.
- Psalm 14:1: The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, There is none that doeth good.
- Hebrews 11:6: But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Who is GOD? /Is Jesus GOD?
Below is a summary of scripture proving that Jesus is God. To view commentary further explaining each verse as well as more proof click here.
- 1 Corinthians 8:6: But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
- John 10:30: I and my Father are one.
- John 8:58: Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
- Acts 20:28: Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
- John 20:28: And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
- Titus 2:13: Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Core Beliefs of Christianity?
The core beliefs include: More in-depth version click here
Not considered a religion but a relationship with God
- Jesus Christ died for our sins, Jesus was buried, Jesus resurrected and offers salvation to those who have faith in him 1 Corinthians 15:1-4
- The bible is the inspired word of God 2 Timothy 3:16 2 Peter 1:20-21
- God exists in 3 forms: the father, the son (Jesus Christ), holy spirit
How to Become Saved?
If you confess with your mouth Jesus is Lord and believe God raised Jesus from the dead you are saved.
- Romans 10:9: “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”
- Mark 16:16: “He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
- John 3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- John 3:36: He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
- John 11:25-26: Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
- John 14:6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
You are saved through faith, not by your works. In other words, salvation cannot be earned its a gift of God.
- Romans 3:28: For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law.
- 2 Timothy 1:9: He has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not because of our own works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time eternal.
- Titus 3:5: He saved us, not by the righteous deeds we had done, but according to His mercy, through the washing of new birth and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
Why Does God Allow Bad Things to Happen?
Free Will is the simple answer. God doesn't make you believe in him he gives you a choice to believe Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins. You make the choice to go to hell or heaven.
Repent/ What is it/ How do I do it?
How Do Biblical texts apply to modern society?
Keep in mind Acts 5:29: "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men." So in whatever decision you make it should please God first not government or your friends. Romans 13:1–7 tells us The only biblical reason to violate a government’s law is if that law violates God's Word and not to disobey the law because we may perceive it as unjust. think it is unjust. Biblical texts apply in every way possible. For example: how you should try to live every day including politics read full answered question here.
- Transgenderism: It is a sin, you shouldn't support a sin. Corinthians 6:9. Read Here.
- Homosexuality: It is a sin, you shouldn't support a sin. Corinthians 6:9. Read Here.
- Cross-Dressing: Deuteronomy 22:5 Read More.
- Abortion: Not an option to kill unborn babies. Read Here.
- Gun control: Read Here.
- Illegal Immigration: Read Here.
- Political leader: They should be a godly man as well as moral/ethical
Any more Questions?
Search your questions on gotquestion.org
A great resource we recommend. They use and quote bible verses for all of their explanations. When you click on an article/question at the bottom of the page under preferred bible version select KJV (King James Version)